- (2) 18 oz containers of organic butternut squash
- (2) 32 oz Organic Vegetable Broth (I like Trader Joe’s)
- (1) Can of Coconut Cream (I like Trader Joe’s)
- Sea Salt
- Garlic Powder
Sautéed shiitake mushrooms:
- 2 containers of organic pre-sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Cold Pressed Olive Oil
- Sea salt
- Garlic powder
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Sautéed Shiitake Mushrooms (see above)
Place both squash containers and 1 1/2 carton of vegetable broth in medium soup pot. Add 1 teaspoon of sea salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Bring to a boil.
Lower to a medium boil for about 15-20 mins or until squash is soft.
While boiling, sauté 2 containers of organic shiitake mushrooms, cut thinly/can also purchase ore-sliced, in olive oil, sea salt, and pepper for about 10-15 minutes until soft and liquid has reabsorbed.
Remove from Heat.
Using a hand or immersion blender, blend soup until creamy and smooth. Add 1/2 can of coconut cream. Blend with blender until combined.
Taste to check for proper seasoning.
When serving in bowls add toasted pumpkin and sesame seeds and sautéed Mushrooms on top.