Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 24-36 hours
- 2 cans Organic full fat Coconut Milk or Organic Coconut Cream
- 2 capsules Amare Probiotics
- Flip the cans of coconut milk over from how they were stored- usually the coconut water and coconut cream will separate with the cream on top. Open the cans and pour off the coconut water. Reserve the coconut water for a smoothie or other recipe.
- Combine the coconut cream and probiotic powder in a clean pint-size mason jar.
- Place in the oven, with the oven off, but the oven light on for 24-36 hours. The probiotics will ferment the coconut cream and turn it into yogurt in the slightly warmed oven. Again, the oven should remain off but the oven light should be on.
- After 24-36 hours, remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes at room temperature to cool off.
- Taste for tanginess; tanginess indicates that it fermented properly. It will be a little thin and runny because it is warm but will set and thicken as it cools.
- Refrigerate after it comes to room temperature (about an hour after you remove from the oven)
♥ Will keep 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator.