Healthy Salmon Bowl
- 2 salmon fillets, sustainably-sourced or organic
- 10-12 Brussels sprouts, chopped in half
- 1 bunch kale, washed and shredded
- 1/2 head cauliflower, pulsed into cauliflower rice (you can use a whole cauliflower head or frozen if easier)
- 3 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 tsp curry powder/ground turmeric
- Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
1.) Toasted black and white Sesame Seeds
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line a baking tray and add chopped Brussels sprouts. Coat with 1 tbsp oil and season with salt. Add to oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make marinade by combining all ingredients in a bowl and whisking until combined.
- Remove Brussels sprouts after 20 minutes and add salmon fillets to the baking tray. Spoon marinade over salmon fillets and return to oven for a further 13-15 minutes, or until salmon is cooked to your liking.
- Whilst salmon is cooking, heat a pan over medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp oil. Add kale and sauté until wilted (2-3 minutes). Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in pan and add cauliflower rice. Season with 1 tsp curry powder and salt and sauté until cooked (2-3 minutes).
- Remove salmon and Brussels sprouts from oven and serve into two bowls. Add sautéed kale and cauliflower rice to bowls.