My mouth waters just thinking about these little LOVE bites!!! Bananas are so rich in potassium….a vital mineral our bodies require for optimal health!! I love making these for my daughter and her friends….they always request chocolate chips! These love bites also make a great mid-day snack!
Healthy Banana Bites
- 4 very ripe bananas
- ¼ cup melted unrefined coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup (you can eliminate if you are low-gylcemic)
- 1 egg (you can also make a flax egg for egg free…..1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 10 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla powder
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- ¾ cup almond meal (you can use coconut for nut free)
- ½ cup unsweetened raw cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- Extra Goodies for batter:
- ¼ cup vegan mini chocolate chips or Raw Cocoa nibs (sugar free)
- ¼ cup coarse chopped almonds or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a 24 cup mini muffin pan with liners
- Mash bananas in bowl until smooth. Add wet ingredients….coconut oil, maple syrup, egg and vanilla powder. Whisk until combined.
- Add dry ingredients together: oat flour, almond meal, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk in with wet ingredients. Mix well!
- Using a cookie scoop, drop batter evenly into muffin cups (don’t overfill)
- Bake for 16-24 mins. Allow to cool on rack.