Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 4-5 hours in the slow cooker
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 Tbsp mild or medium chili powder
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp of turmeric
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, cut into quarters
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4-5 chicken breasts)
- 1-2 limes, juiced for garnish
- Butter/Romaine lettuce leaves or Gluten-free/Almond Flour tortillas
- Salsa or pico de gallo
- Shredded purple cabbage
- Shredded carrots (roasted works well too)
- Quartered avocado (♥tip: roll in chia seeds or sesame seeds so they don’t brown and you get extra fiber)
- Chopped cilantro
Note: Use organic when possible
Mix stock, garlic, chili powder, cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper in bowl.
Add chick breasts to slow cooker.
Pour mixture over the chicken and place the quartered onion on top.
Cook 2-3 hours on high or 4-5 hours on low. To ensure they’re cooked through, chicken’s internal temp should reach 165°F.
Shred the chicken (two forks make it easy). Squeeze lime over chicken just before serving.
Note: You can store in airtight glass containers in the fridge for up to 3 days.