Happy Gut Banana Bread
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 1 hour
• 2-3 Medium Bananas, mashed
• 2 Eggs (you can use Flax Eggs for Vegan…put 2 Tbsp ground Flax in 5 Tbsp water)
• 1/3 cup of Melted Coconut Oil
• ¼ cup of unsweetened nut Milk (I like almond or cashew)
• 1/3 cup maple syrup (optional if you want a bit sweeter)
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract or Powder
• 1 cup Almond Flour
• 1 cup Gluten Free Oat Flour
• 1 tsp Baking Soda
• 1-2 tsp Cinnamon
• ½ tsp sea salt
• ¼ cup chocolate dairy free chips (I like dark enjoy life)
• ¼ – ½ cup roasted walnuts
• ¼ cup Raw Cacao Nibs
• ¼ cup toasted coconut flakes
Preheat oven to 350.
Make Flax eggs if making vegan…combine in a small bowl, stir water and flax and let sit for 5 minutes…Skip if using real eggs.
Mash Bananas with a fork and add all wet ingredients. Stir to combine.
Add all dry ingredients to wet, stir to combine and add in “Additional Options” of your choosing.
Spray loaf pan with coconut or avocado spray. Pour mixture in loaf pan. Top with any extra add-ins and bake for approximately 50 minutes or until cooked through.
Let cool 10-15 minutes before removing from pan.
Bread will keep in the fridge for 7 days. If you are making muffins, bake for approx. 25-30 mins. Enjoy!!