Always opt for Organic, Antibotic-free Chicken. I like to ask the local butcher to pound my chicken as well, so it’s ready for me to cook! Chicken is high in lean protein and Cashews are high in a number of vitamins like K, E, and B6 all essential vitamins for a healthy body!
Chicken Breast w/Cashew Cream Sauce
- 3/4 cup raw unsalted cashews
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 head garlic (whole) plus 2 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil, divided
- ½ Avocado (peeled)
- Pinch Cayenne
- 4 4-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded about 1⁄2-inch thick
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper, plus additional to taste
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with cold water. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut a 10-inch square of foil and mist with cooking spray. Slice 1⁄4-inch from top of head of garlic. Place cut side up on foil and wrap tightly. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 1 hour. Set aside to cool.
- When garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze cloves out of peel into a blender; discard peels. Drain cashews and add to blender along with lemon juice,1 cup cold water, ½ avocado. Begin blending on low speed, gradually increasing to high, until mixture is smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Add Sea Salt, Pepper and pinch cayenne to taste.
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium-high, heat 1 tsp oil. Season chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Cook, turning halfway, until browned on both sides and cooked through, 8 to 12 minutes. Remove from skillet to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1/2 tsp oil in skillet. Add shallot and broccoli and sauté́ for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until shallot is browned and softened. Add remaining minced garlic and sauté́ for 1 more minute. Remove to plate with chicken.
- Add cashew mixture to same skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until warmed through and slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Serve over chicken and broccoli. Season with additional pepper.