At lunchtime, you need a jolt of brain-boosting goodness to get you through your busy afternoon. This amazing salad jar includes healthy fats, proteins and colorful veggies to power you up for the rest of the workday.
Brain Boosting Salad jars
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Raw honey
- Raw apple cider vinegar
- Stone ground mustard
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
Bottom of Jar:
- ¼ cup cucumbers, quartered
- ¼ cup watermelon radish, sliced with a mandolin
- ¼ cup carrots, julienned or spiralized, just for fun
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Middle of Mason Jar:
- ½ cup cooked quinoa (make a big batch for other meals throughout the week)
- 2 tablespoons of garbanzo beans, black beans or kidney beans
- 3-4 slices of avocado (tip: roll in chia seeds or sesame seeds so they don’t brown as quickly)
Top of Mason Jar:
- Mixed organic greens
- Optional toppings: Roasted organic pumpkin seeds, pine nuts or sunflower seeds
Combine salad dressing ingredients and add 3 tablespoons of dressing to the bottom of a quart-size Mason jar.
On top of dressing, add (in order) cucumbers, watermelon radish, carrots and cherry tomatoes.
In middle of jar, layer the quinoa, beans and avocado.
Top the jar off with your favorite mixed organic greens and toppings.
Note: Mason jars store well in fridge up to 3 days.