We have all been there, especially around the holidays when life feels like we are on a rocket ship going full throttle!! Our first response?? We tend to grab on for dear life and shove whatever we can find into our mouth before our next meeting, child pick up, (insert “busy” scenario here). Before you know it, you are fatigued, stressed, gaining weight and can’t understand with as fast as you’ve been moving… why your clothes are so tight and you feel depleted!
I have good news for you. Changing your nutritional routine and giving YOUR BODY the “fuel” it needs to perform optimally is a lot more simple than you think!
Here are 5 golden rules to live by that will have you feeling and looking better into the new year!
- MINDFULNESS-This means thinking about what you are going to eat BEFORE actually eating it. Just so you know, this is THE foundation for living a healthy, aligned lifestyle. Next time you are in a rush for a meeting or late to get the kids, slow down for a moment, and take a deep breathe (breathing is so important for good health). Then, ask yourself “What does the food I am about to eat mean for my goals, figure, and overall health?” If you begin asking yourself this question….you will start making different decisions.
- PLAN AHEAD-Repeat after me. “Think before you eat, and plan before you go”! I know it sounds so simple, but it’s something we rarely do! Prepping the night before can save so much time, headaches (yes, even that hunger headache), and stress! Think SIMPLE. Pack simple, healthy snacks in 2 & 3 oz containers. I like these containers. Fill them with raw nuts, almond butter, a protein packed snack, or cut veggies. Pull out your favorite blender and make sure you have the necessary ingredients to make yourself a protein packed smoothie for the morning drive or grab a few mason jars and put together a 5 minute “overnight oats” recipe that you can grab and go in the morning.
- AVOID PROCESSED FOOD-Remember if it COMES from a plant EAT IT. If it’s made IN a plant, DON’T! Stay away from things in packages with ingredients you can’t pronounce. Anything that typically is behind a shiny glass counter…hmmm…you can pretty much bet it’s full of refined sugars that are just going to make you crash and fill you with regret a few minutes/seconds within eating.
- EAT EVERY 3-4 HOURS-Set a timer if it helps or use an app like “My Fitness Pal”, but make sure you are keeping your blood sugar stabilized throughout the day. No, this doesn’t mean eating your favorite glazed donut between lunch and dinner. Grab those healthy, protein packed snacks you packed so well the night before and put in your purse or favorite cold lunch bag on your way out the door.
- DON’T SKIP MEALS-I promise, it WILL catch up with you!! You will end up eating more at the next meal….you will crave sweets and feel like you are on a rollercoaster and just want it to stop!
I know you are all busy Boss Babes and we can think of a million reasons why we are too busy to focus on YOU…but, if you stop…breathe….think…prepare…and avoid what you know isn’t good for you and your body….you will begin to feel and look like the amazing boss babe you are!!